Remember to sign up with Alisa Sibley or Sandy Cox, practice coordinators, ahead of time. Questions or suggestions regarding practices, should also be directed to them.
NOTE: This schedule may change, so please check back frequently.
|No practices are currently scheduled due to cold weather, |
but we expect to have some soon, as the weather gets warmer.
The practices will be listed on the Yahoo! list and if known enough in advance will be posted on the website.
This facility is in a quiet, residential neighborhood, very close to people's homes. When they are not specifically reserved for us, they are used for other things. Whether you are there for practice or classes, please be considerate to our hosts and their neighbors. Use common sense and follow the rules outlined below. Thank you!
- Drive slowly and quietly when approaching the buildings.
- Come only during scheduled classes and practices.
- Do not leave barking dogs in the car.
- Park around the circle on 192nd and walk down the access road to the arena. Please do not park along the access road to the arena; french drains have recently been installed by neighbors and are easily damaged. Do not block driveways, gates, or any other access. There are a few spots close to the arena.
- Dogs are not allowed in the bathroom.
- The potty area is the grass strip along the fence, outside the arena.
- Pick up anything your dog does and take it home with you.
- Dogs are NOT to be off leash. Please leash, crate, or x-pen your dog when not running the course or warming up.
- Exercise your dogs before you come.
- Leave your dog in the car until the equipment has been set up.
The following practice guidelines were created in order to make our valuable practice time as effective and equitable as possible.
- There is a maximum of 15 sign-up spots available per practice session. Each sign-up spot allows for a minimum of two (2) course runs. The time allowed for each run is one and one half (1 1/2) minutes. A handler with two dogs may sign up for one spot and divide the two runs between the two dogs.
- Only dogs with experience on agility equipment may run during practice. If it appears that a dog is unfamiliar with the equipment and that the dog's safety is in question, the dog and handler will be asked to leave the course.
- Due to the labor involved in setting up the equipment, there is a minimum of four (4) handlers needed for a practice.
- There is a maximum of two (2) sign-up spots or four (4) course runs available per handler per practice session. However, if there are spots available at the time of the practice session handlers may sign up for additional spots.
- You must sign up in advance. There are no drop-ins allowed unless there are empty spots.
- The fee per practice session spot is $5.00. The fee is payable prior to the practice session. You may call or email the practice coordinator to reserve a spot. If after reserving a spot you find you will be unable to make a practice, please call and cancel as soon as possible. This will enable the practice coordinator to contact others who may be on a waiting list. If you are unable to make the practice and do not call at least 36 hours in advance to cancel you are still obligated to pay the fee.
- The arena may have a class course set up which may need to be re-set after practice. You must be on time to set up the practice course and stay to re-set the class course if necessary. On the rare occasion you can not be on time or must leave early there will be an additional fee of $2.50 for not setting up and/or $2.50 for not re-setting. The intent of this policy is to discourage members from arriving late and leaving early; it is not the intent to create a way for members to buy their way out of setting up and re-setting.
- A candidate for membership may sign up for the practice following the meeting in which his/her membership application will be read. All other guests wishing to run dogs must contact the practice coordinator.
- The running order of the dogs will be according to height. If you have a request for a particular position within a height category (i.e. you are running two dogs at the same height and need a breather in between runs), please let the practice coordinator know.
- If your dog is next in line, please be on deck and ready to go. If you are not, you may lose your turn.
- Observers are welcome, but may not bring a dog. Due to limited parking, please let the practice coordinator know if you will be bringing a guest to observe.
- All participants are expected to help adjust equipment at height changes, reset knocked bars, keep time, and count for the table.